AN UNLIKELY ORIGIN
(1) Welcome to http://www.canibbletools.com.au (the ‘Website’). The Website is owned and operated by Turner Precision Engineering (Aus) Pty Ltd (ABN 68 105 521 168) (‘Turner Precision Engineering’) Thank you for using Turner Precision Engineering products and services.
(2) Turner Precision Engineering respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and Website visitors. We also accept the responsibility that comes with processing your Personal Information.
(3) This policy sets out how we collect and treat your Personal Information.
(5) We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (NDB), and the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand) (collectively ‘Privacy Laws’).
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) ‘Personal Information’ means information about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from that information.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
(1) Turner Precision Engineering will, from time to time, receive and store Personal Information you provide to us.
(2) You may provide Turner Precision Engineering with basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your Product or service order.
(3) We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or 2 promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
(4) Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
(6) Your Personal Information will only be used and stored for the primary purpose for which it was collected and not for any other purpose.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) Turner Precision Engineering collects Personal Information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our Website and when we provide our Products and services to you.
(2) We collect Personal Information about you or from your authorised representatives to fill online orders, contact you regarding your order, respond to your queries, for internal record-keeping, for business development and marketing, for data analytics, to manage, research and monitor the way you use our Products, for communicating with you or for other products and services which we think may be of interest to you or for obtaining your feedback.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) Turner Precision Engineering uses your Personal Information and you consent to us using your Personal Information to:
(a) supply you with our Products and services in accordance with our Terms;
(b) provide you with information and updates about our Products;
(c) for support or response purposes, when you request support or make an inquiry;
(d) communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, SMS or mail;
(e) manage, research and develop our Products and services including through data analytics;
(f) administer our business activities and internal record keeping;
(g) meet legal, regulatory and compliance obligations; and
(h) investigate any complaints.
(2) If you choose to withhold your Personal Information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our Products and services or for you to access certain parts of our Website and for us to respond to your query.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) We may disclose your Personal Information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal Information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our Products and services.
(2) We may from time to time need to disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
(3) If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any Personal Information and non-Personal Information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality.
(4) Where we disclose your Personal Information to third parties, we will request that the third party follow this Policy regarding the handling of your Personal Information.
DATA INTEGRITY AND RETENTION
(1) We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and kept up to date. You can request Turner Precision Engineering to review, correct or update your Personal Information but we will first ensure that your identity is properly verified, and any access rights are authenticated.
(2) We may keep your Personal Information for a period that is consistent with the original purpose of us collecting the Personal Information from you.
(3) If you request, we will delete or anonymise your Personal Information so that it no longer identifies you unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain Personal Information. The removal of any of your Personal Information means that we may not be able to supply you with our Products.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) Turner Precision Engineering is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure.
(2) Security is a priority for us when it comes to your Personal Information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
(3) A reportable “Data Breach” is a security incident where the integrity of Personal Information is compromised through being destroyed, lost, altered, corrupted, disclosed or accessed by an unauthorised person where it is likely to result in serious harm to any individual affected.
(4) We have procedures and systems in place including a data breach incident response plan, specific data breach policies and procedures and personnel to deal with an actual or suspected “Data Breach” and will notify you and the applicable regulator in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Laws and NDB.
(5) The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. No method over the transmission or storage system is 100% private and secure. You 4 understand that we do not guarantee or warrant the absolute privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you. If you have any questions about privacy or security, please contact us.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS TOOLS AND THIRD PARTY REMARKETING TOOLS
(2) We also share information about your use of the Websites with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
(3) We use third-party analytics tools to:
(a) analyse usage trends on the Websites including the tracking and reporting of Website traffic, ad conversion tracking, traffic analysis and marketing optimisation
(b) collect this data in aggregate form so that it cannot identify any individual user.
(4) Third-party analytics tools collect non-Personal Information such as how often you visit our Websites, the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other analytics data that assists us in improving our Products and services. These tools might include but are not limited to Google Analytics, Google AdWords conversion tracking, Google Tag Manager.
(1) When you visit our Website.
When you come to our Website (, www.canibbletools.com, www.canibbletools.com.au), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, Website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site so that we can improve our products and services.
(3) Third party sites.
Our Website may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party 5 websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Turner Precision Engineering is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our Website, to read the privacy statements of each website that collects personal identifiable information.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
(1) Your use of our Website is at your own risk.
(2) We will take all reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information secure but to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your information. This includes (but is not limited to) loss or damage you might suffer because of any of the following:
(a) reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the Website (including third-party material and advertisements);
(b) failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third-party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
(c) accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on the Website or any communication from the Website. Links are provided for the convenience of users of the Website only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites (unless otherwise stated, linked sites and the services are not endorsed by us and your linking to any such site is at your own risk); or
(d) the provision of credit card or other financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the Website (if any).
CHANGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) The APPS require us to correct our personal records of Personal Information if they are inaccurate or out-of-date.
(2) Please contact us to correct or update the Personal Information that you have provided to us if there are any changes.
(1) It is your Personal Information and you have certain rights to it. You have the right to request from us a copy of your Personal Information or ask us to restrict it. You can exercise these rights any time by making a request at our Contact Details.
(2) We may need to obtain proof of your identity before implementing your request and we may refuse to provide you with certain information if you do not adequately identify yourself or where permitted or required by law.
(1) If we use your Personal Information to market and promote our Products, you may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material 6 by contacting us directly or through the “unsubscribe” mechanism in our marketing or promotional emails.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(1) You may request details of Personal Information that we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Laws. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us.
(2) We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
COMPLAINTS ABOUT PRIVACY
(1) If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please contact us. We take privacy seriously and will respond promptly to your notice.
(2) We will aim to resolve any complaints within 14 days.
(3) If you remain dissatisfied, you may refer your complaint in writing to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at the following address:
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Sydney NSW 2001
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
(1) This Website is owned and operated by Turner Precision Engineering (Aus) Pty Ltd (ABN 68 105 521 168).
(2) Our principal place of business is at Turner Precision Engineering (Aus) Pty Ltd, 3/53 Enterprise Street, Kunda Park, Queensland 4556.
(3) You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address given above;
(b) by telephone, on the contact number published on our Website from time to time;
(c) by email, using the email address published on our Website from time to time.
© 2020 Turner Precision Engineering (Aus) Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.